Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Letter To Deputy Commissioner Carlton Adams Re: Suspension

12 Headquarters Hill
Prospect
Devonshire
Bermuda


To:
The Deputy Commissioner of Police
10 Head Quarters Hill
Prospect
Devonshire
Bermuda

6th February 2008

Dear Sir,

It is with a sense of respect for your integrity and value of the responsibility of your office as Deputy Commissioner of Police and disciplinary officer of the Bermuda Police Service that I take this opportunity to appeal to your sense of justice. As you know that on the 24th Of January 2008, I was suspended by you, pending the outcome of an investigation as to whether or not my posting on the blog http://Crushingfools.bolgspot.com contravened any section of the Police Regulation.

I know that such investigation should not take a long period, as a quick review of the police regulation and the content of the post on the blog should have since pointed out any such discrepancies. I have taken timeout to also review the fact in the investigation, and I have concluded that my action had not contravened the police regulation, as it outlined. I am also convinced that your findings have also revealed the same conclusion as my findings.

I was shocked when I was contacted by Chief Inspector Howard, who served me with what was, a further or new suspension document, disguised as an addendum; this new suspension document; outlining new reasons for my suspension. I can assure you, that the new information that seeks to justify my suspension; is false and misleading. I am attaching copies of the said documents which include:
  • The new suspension document.
  • The new second schedule.
  • And the caution statement (that was recorded by noted serious crime investigator Mark Clark.)

It is hard to understand, why, men in responsible position will compromise their integrity to justify such an insignificant point. I was of the misguided opinion, that one may be suspended only after an investigation had discovered that the individual (s) in question may have some charge to answer. And it is only if any such charges after they were laid -against the persons conduct or miss-conduct, had some form of criminal connotation attached to them; then and only then, that a suspension will be “considered.”

We can review the situation of Dennis Archer, (who Ideally was a Barbadian) who had criminal allegation made against him for which he was eventually convicted, yet he was never dealt with in such a cruel manner as I am now being dealt with. Even the PASE regulation give the criminal the privilege of having his matter looked into first to verify if the allegation which was brought against him has some merit to them. Yet I, who have not committed any crime, and for whom trivial and ungrounded allegations had been made against, am being treated like a criminal. The institution that I have served loyally, have seen it fit to do all in its power to cause my suspension. they have also brought in Inspector mark Clark who is know for investigating serious criminal offenses to investigate a trivial fabricated matter; all because someone is of the opinion that I should not be allowed to express myself freely using words. This whole situation is not only sad it is pathetic.

I must also inform you that my purpose for coming to Bermuda was not to cheat the Bermudian community, and to receive a salary without earning it. I can assure you that I am not a dishonest person, and as I am not expecting anything form the people of Bermuda for nothing, I am not asking any special favors from anyone. But I am asking you to find the strength and use your integrity to facilitate the process and let justice be done.

I will like to make it clear, that I am a responsible adult and if I am guilty of an offence I am willing to suffer such consequence thereof like a man. But if I am not guilty of an offence, I should be allowed to be treated with the common decency and respect that I deserved.

I know that in your honesty and forthrightness you are aware of the injustice that is being done to me, as it relates to this matter. I hope that you will not sit their and look at a great miscarriage of justice, but you will be a champion for truth, justice and honesty and use your office and take a stand for the same. We cannot afford to have an institution that has one system of justice for one set of people and another system of justice for another set. We all have and can use the power of one opposing voice.

It is in service to Humanity and with a call for justice that I plead.

Signed: __________________________________

Allan H. F Palmer

Bcc: To the Commissioner of Police (George Jackson)
The Police welfare officer (Mrs. De Costar)

No comments: